Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Vacation...vacation...vacation...too bad I was sick. :(


Ohh how fun is vacation? Soooo fun. And it's still fun even if you are sick. Ned and I went to Cannon Beach and then down to Yachats. We were gone for 6 nights....without kiddo's. Just before we left....I thought..."I don't think I've ever left them for that long" ...and it's true...I hadn't ever left them that long before. I sure missed them...and they missed me as well, but we all made it through.

Like I said....I was sick with a lovely cough (and I am still as we speak...sick with a cough, sinus and ear infection....great fun. I'm not counting of course...but it's been 4 weeks now!!!! UGHHH)
Nonetheless...vacation was still great. No real schedule. We didn't have anything that we had to do. We got up when we wanted...went to bed whenever...and went wherever we wanted. We took photographs of sunsets and each other :). We played video games. We shopped for beads and Ned made me some beautiful anklets. We got tattoo's. We walked on the beach and found shells. We ate out and fixed some dinners in. We took turns driving. We saw several lighthouses. We looked in expensive shops at $2000 glass frogs.lol We relaxed...and we slept in...and we enjoyed each other. :)

It was vacation like I said...and we did eat whatever...and it was fun...and guilt free. And once this cough is under control...well then the gym will be our best friend again...a close friend...one that you see almost everyday. :)


And yes...I did say tattoo's :) My first. :) We had a most memorable time!

2 comments:

femminismo said...

Great! You got to go on vacation. I spent two nights at Cannon Beach for a conference. (Didn't get to sleep in nearly enough.) Walked to Haystack Rock yesterday and it was so nice (even with a little rain). Sorry you're sick. Get better soon. - jeanne

Doanz said...

Yeah- so we sat in the car for like 5 hours talking and you forgot to show me your tat!?! What's up with that? Spill it, girlie- and tell the truth- did it hurt like crazy? I think I am tough, but to actually do it terrifies me.

A special account of the journey we go through to adapt a healthier lifestyle