Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Trainers

Exercise is done against one's wishes and maintained only because the alternative is worse

So very TRUE!! I really did not want to go to our first training session tonight. I actually was intending to be "sick" so I wouldn't have to go. I dreaded it allllll day. I never really got over it...but I did go. Ned and I went together. The treadmill warmup wasn't so bad....it reminded me of last year when we were doing so well. I thought I can totally do this....but I was quickly reminded of why I had dreaded it all day long. :( Maybe it was the wall sits....then the situps....and plank exercise....all the things to test our "core" (p.s. I have NOOOOO core....I absolutely despise those types of exercises) and after the core things...we did jumping jacks. You wouldn't think jumping jacks would be such a big deal...but let me tell you...to do them for a full minute with all your fat flabbin up and down...and a minute is a longggggg time....so long and so difficult for me...my legs would no longer cooperate after about 40 seconds. Ohhh how I hate trainers. I really really hate them. I mean...really hate them. Just like in Nacho Libre....everytime he says Orphans...replace that with Trainers




I hate to say it like that...but I've just had bad experience after bad experience with them. Ya know...after your "free" session with them...they sit you down like a timeshare sales ploy...and try and get you to buy several training sessions that cost a couple thousand dollars. They also tell you that you have so much weight to lose...that you probably can't do it without their help. Sorry to say...the personal training just doesn't work with my personality at this point. Maybe when I'm in better shape and need more help toward the end...well then maybe I would feel differently about it. I came home in a foul mood...but it has improved over the evening with the support and encouragement of Ned. I work the next couple of days, but Ned plans on going to workout with Caitlyn, and I will join them this weekend. I'll be ok...and I'll get to working out good again.

2 comments:

Doanz said...

Hahahaha! That was awesome, Nicole! So true. You can do this, friend. Just live healthy and enjoy your family. Somehow, that makes food not seem as important.
Check out this blog I follow, she has awesome tips- and has lost over 100 pounds doing it the right way!
www.wendyweightlossjournal.blogspot.com

femminismo said...

Hi, Nicole. How're things? I could use a few exercises myself. I stopped yoga and I cannot believe how stiff and sore I am. This no exercise is a bad thing. Give me a sweet, pleasant yoga instructor anytime. No drill sergeants, please! Hope things get better for you on the exercise front. I guess, today, if I could give a young person like you advice, one thing would be: keep moving! - Jeanne
haha - the "word verification" was tatenCOR

A special account of the journey we go through to adapt a healthier lifestyle