Monday, June 14, 2010

Take Shape For Life.

So...hey there. :) We've moved on to something new. The calorie counter thing wasn't working so great. We were going to the gym faithfully for a bit, but the gym membership changed, and Gold's Gym just up and disappeared with virtually no notice. Ned ended up meeting with a highschool friend and talking about "Take Shape For Life" (which I swore I wouldn't do...as well as Ned), but alas after talking about it and chatting with friends, we decided to try it out.

We've been on the program for about a week now. For the week we are down 23 lbs. I'm down 12 this week, and Ned down 11. That is a total of 15.5 for me (I did gain a little in between programs), and Ned is down a total of 25. WOW!!!! We are on a roll.

The program is difficult, but doable. And obviously the results are phenomenal. I can't wait to see what happens next week.

There does seem to be a lot of bad things and death going on around us. In the last week or so, Nancy's dad has passed, Ron's mom, and now my Grandpa Bud. Just a whole bunch of heavy stuff...my heart is heavy for my family as well as some other things that I can not say.

Ned is on vacation this week and has lots of hiking planned. I'm sure he'll have a good week...and next week we go camping. So much going on here. We are taking pictures each week, so that at the end of this long journey, I hopefully will have a time lapse slideshow to show off.

No comments:

A special account of the journey we go through to adapt a healthier lifestyle