Wednesday, April 22, 2009

"I used to be that way"


I opened an account at startyourdiet.com. I am able to put my starting weight in...and my goal...and how much I plan to lose per week....and poof...that's where I got the 1 year thing. This morning I decided to read Day 1 & 2 of their 100 days of weight loss. Amazingly...it was exactly what I needed to hear this morning. Here's what hit me the most...and it really applies to anything in life.
Change your thinking

Stop right there! Your past does not determine your future. In fact, your previous failures have absolutely no effect on your ability to succeed now. Starting today, eliminate the belief that things always go a certain way or that you never stay with your goals. Whenever those doubts creep back in, immediately give yourself this new message: "I used to be that way, but now I'm different!" This powerful statement completely ignores whatever you did before and instead, it promises you can change your outcome entirely. Rather than being fearful that you'll repeat the past, build a new way of thinking.

Make up a new ending

Because now you're different, you can do anything. You can even create different endings for your old negative patterns.



Those words really helped me...because I have done this before...and here I am again. But it's ok...because a year will have passed and I will finally be where I want to be. I've had trouble reaching my goal before. I would return to my old ways. I used to be that way...but now I'm different. :)

1 comment:

Doanz said...

I love it. Thanks for the tip, maybe I should long on and make an account? :)

A special account of the journey we go through to adapt a healthier lifestyle