Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas...Merry Christmas...Merry Christmas


Merry Christmas to everyone. :) It has been a wonderfully fun Christmas for us. We have had our first white Christmas in a long time...and now officially the snowiest December ever!

Christmas Eve we went to my sister's house. I made a ham dinner and we all enjoyed that along with my mom's famous potatos, some zucchini, baked beans, rolls, corn, and an array of delicious tasty desserts of course. :)

We then enjoyed watching the kids open presents given by the cousins, aunts, uncles, and Grandma Linda.

I gave my mom a book that I had made with pictures of my brother and sister and I from when we were kids to currently with our own kids. There were tears shed with that gift. hehehe.
The evening ended with a very small white elephant game as there were only 5 of us who participated...but it was still fun...and we came away with some great gifts.
We then drove home on the worst roads since this snow storm of the last 2 weeks. My mom came and spent the night with us so that she could share in Christmas morning.

Morning finally came...and as always...I was the first one awake. :) I was excited to open presents...and I got everyone else going. :) We had some snacks to tide us over til breakfast and we went through our stockings and opened gifts. Everyone was spoiled! Everyone. The girls got numerous gifts each...including clothes and toys. Katie got her first Coach purse from Ned. Sara got some new games and books and art things. Ned received some stuff for his photography processing as well as a calendar made by his girls with great times over the last year, as well as several other items.

And me....well I was spoiled as always...and like my mom said..."You sure deserve it honey!"....and another friend says..."not spoiled.....ENTITLED" lol Well anyways.....Ned outdid himself once again. I have a gorgeous Tanzanite necklace to match my bracelet and ring. He also gave me a large brown and tan Coach wallet to match my purse :) A brown wristlet to take out and about...and a black small coin wallet for my evening wear black Coach purse. I also got perfume, and 2 books I've been wanting (Collectors edition of Twilight....and the new Nicholas Sparks book). Oh and also....a very sweetly stuffed stocking with Lindor truffles and a pocket calendar. Yep...spoiled again. How does he keep outdoing himself???? I'm pretty lucky....and so is He. :) Thank you Ned for treating me so extra special. :)

As a family....we also got a Wii...complete with guitar hero and Wii play and Wii Sports. There's been dibs on it all day. :) It's been fun. Today has been full of fun and family.


After opening presents this morning...my mom made us a wonderful breakfast (on the new griddle she bought me..thanks Mom). Breakfast complete with bacon and eggs and toast. Delicious...it was. :) I couldn't ask for a better day.

Merry Christmas everyone. :) Hope you had a great Christmas as well.

2 comments:

Doanz said...

Why would you want our Christmases to be only half as good as yours? Do you think we wouldn't be able to handle the "goodness"? Hehehe Just kidding, chica... it was so nice to see you guys had a great time- with family and fun and love. God bless you, and now on to New Years'! (Eeek! 2009!?! You have got to be kidding...)

femminismo said...

wonderful pictures. It looks like a fairy wonderland - not only a place for snowmen. Good to see you on Saturday. Congrats on the great gifts. I got perfume, too! jeanne

A special account of the journey we go through to adapt a healthier lifestyle