Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year

Happy New Year. :) We had a great New Years Eve here. :) We made the evening quite enjoyable. :) First of all I had the day off...so that was a plus. Then I went to a early happy hour at Joe's Crab Shack with my Mom and Ron...and Ned followed after he got off work. We stayed a couple hours...then headed home.

I made the girls some tasty appetizers to include : mozzarella sticks, jalapeno poppers, chicken fingers, pizza bagel bites, salami and cheese, and french bread. After snacks we had multiple Wii tournaments. We made cards such as "Most Strikes in a Game", "Highest Score in Bowling", "Most money made during a gig on Guitar Hero" and so on and so on. The winners of these games won a lotto scratch ticket. In total..we won $20 between everyone. We also set a timer every 5-25 minutes and whoever's turn it was on the wii...got to pick a card. The cards had "Movie of your choice", "Free milkshake", "Get out of 1 chore", and so on. We stayed up till 1 a.m. or so. At 11:50p.m. we watched the countdown....then at midnight...Ned and I kissed, we all yelled...and screamed...and set off our car alarms. Everyone had a wonderful night....It was probably the best New Years that we have ever had.


This year is already off to a good start. In the last week...we've ordered meals that came to $7.77 3 times.....and I spent the $15 on lotto tickets...and won $20. I continue to work on projects...and complete them. I've been able to stand in the snow...and I had a wonderful dinner.

Here's to a year of growing. Growing stronger, healthier, and growing up. Didn't know I need to do that? I do. Started counseling...heading back to the gym...relaxing more. :) It will be a good year.

1 comment:

Doanz said...

I am glad you guys had such a great New Years! Next year i want to play!

A special account of the journey we go through to adapt a healthier lifestyle