Saturday, January 10, 2009

On track again?

I know...how many times do we have to get back on track? One would think that if you weren't on track by now then find a new train honey. But none the less....

The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.
Benjamin Mays

So I press on and I continue. As one friend says..."Keep on...Keepin on" So back to the gym again this morning. I do weigh less than I did a year ago...but still have lost a lot of ground since we stopped our healthy lifestyle last year. It was that darn..."have just 1 brownie" that has turned into a mound full of desserts. Oh well... I guess...nothing I can do now. Just have to start again. Have a new goal in mind. Somehow...I need to find the desire again.

On another note....I finally finished my last holiday project. It was a crocheted blanket for Renee...that I started...what.????? 6 years ago maybe? Well it is complete. Here is a picture of it. I really do like it...and I am proud of the work. I gave it to Renee the other night as we met with our kids and had Noodle Soup at our favorite Vietnamese Restaurant..."Pho Green Papaya" That soup was so tasty. It's exactly what I need again on this foggy day.

Well...that's all I know for now. I'll try to keep updating this on our progress. :)

Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

(p.s. I really like quotes today :)


2 comments:

Doanz said...

I love my blanket- it was worth the wait! I applaud you in your healthier lifestyle- I am attempting to change the way I eat as well, but we will see if my ideals meet up with my actions as I go make breakfast! Hehehe

femminismo said...

Great blanket. I can't crochet - or haven't tried since I was a teenager. Very frustrating! The colors are great. Norm and I are both gaining weight. We've been eating the wrong things and too much and not exercising. We need to get on the "right track" too! love, jeanne

A special account of the journey we go through to adapt a healthier lifestyle