Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Just because I wanted to.

I worked out today. By myself. In the middle of the afternoon. hmmm. WEIRD. I didn't have to work today. I got called off because our census is low. We usually only work out on the days that I have off (working 12-13 hour shifts on your feet doesn't give you a whole lot of energy left over once you get home) So we workout on my days off. Today I normally work...so we wouldn't normally go tonight. Ned wasn't feeling so good today....so I thought he probably wouldn't want to go when he got home (good thing I didn't wait...as he got called back into work). Anyways....around 3 p.m. I got this urge to workout. WEIRD. I thought about the music I would be listening to...and how good it felt last night...to walk and jog to those tunes....so before the thoughts could leave my brain...I headed out. I had to blog this...as it NEVER happens. I NEVER FEEL like working out. It is NEVER something I am happy about doing. Today...I WANTED to do it. WEIRD. It makes me happy. So I just wanted to share with you....something good that happened today. :) Have a great evening. I'll be watching the Biggest Loser. :) Speaking of Biggest Loser....remember last year my work did a weight loss challenge/contest. Well...it is going on again this year. I won last year, but I have gained a fair amount of it back . I didn't let that stop me....I joined again. :) Maybe if I keep exercising and working out...and being healthy...I will again be the Biggest Loser :) It doesn't end til June....so stay tuned. :)

3 comments:

Doanz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Doanz said...

That is awesome, Cole! I suppose I should take the flair off my facebook that says "There is a skinny girl inside me that is screaming to get out, but I usually shut her up with chocolate." since I am wanting to live healthier too, yeah? I like sweating, I just like food, too...a lot. As Jack Black would say, "Is that such a crime!?!" No seriously, keep up the good work, and keep blogging. It inspires me. I put down the chocolate last night and got on my exercise ball, and now instead of taking an early lunch I am going to walk rounds again at Emmanuel to burn some calories. It is a good thing Emmanuel is so huge, and I push a 40 pound cart around all day- that has to count for something, right? :) Love ya, girlie! Let's shed some pounds! (Then we can treat ourselves to Pho, right?) muhahahahaha!

femminismo said...

Hey, good for you, working out. I'm going to yoga, which doesn't do much cadio work but does help me stay limber. There's a lot of smiles :) in that post and a lot of WEIRDs, too. But your brain's telling you you feel good exercising, so listen, girl. Hope things are going well and Ned's feeling better. - jeanne

A special account of the journey we go through to adapt a healthier lifestyle