Sunday, November 2, 2008

Every other day???? (Sheepish grin)

Ok....so we were running around busy yesterday....and I viewed my comment on here....but it didn't click in my brain to actually post. :( Well....better late then never.

Over the last few weeks we have enjoyed some good times getting ready for Halloween. We went to the pumpkin patch, where we not only picked out pumpkins, but we also went on a hay ride, did a pumpkin launch, had hot chocolate, and looked at farm animals.





Then a week later, Ned and Caitlyn went to the Haunted Houses at Jantzen Beach, otherwise known as "Scream at the Beach". I did not participate as I am a big scaredy cat. Sara and I did go with them, we just waited and watched people. One of the haunted houses was scary clowns....it's amazing how many people are frightened and terrified of clowns. There were a couple of clowns that would go along the lines of people and scare people (mostly teenage girls, who would shriek sharply). The lines there were at least an hour long, so the first night Ned and Caitlyn made it through only 2 houses, but we returned last night for the remainder 3 houses, and Sara rode the Carousel there at Jantzen Beach twice. :)A few nights before we carved pumpkins.
We all had such huge pumpkins...there were lots of seeds, and I even roasted and salted them for a snack (they are gone already.lol)
And then on Halloween night...I had to work, but the kids went around with family and friends to trick or treat. I gave out candy to patients and staff at work (it's amazing how many people wouldn't take any because they are watching their weight), I then came home to a wonderful dinner that Ned had all ready...and since the kids were out...we ended up having a night alone

No comments:

A special account of the journey we go through to adapt a healthier lifestyle